Oddly enough, I actually find myself exactly where I want to be with my projects at the moment.
Let me savour this strange feeling for a minute…
Okay, that’s enough 😛
This week’s plan was to finish the WendyKnits’ KAL Summer Mystery Shawlette (aka my “Lucky Penny Shawl“), get as far as I could on my Dreamscape Shawl (“In Dreams Mystery Shawl“) and start on the Christening Set for my nephew.
Here’s how I did:
Lucky Penny Shawl
As I mentioned in last week’s post, the main part of the shawl (clue 3) was to be released later Thursday afternoon.
It was done by Friday night.
The final section was released around 5pm tonight (my time) and took about a half hour to finish it off.
Blocked to within an inch of it’s life and completely dry by dinnertime.
Final measurement on it is about 56″ x 26″. Not too bad, but I do wish that I had done the extra repeats since I ended up having about a third of the ball of yarn leftover.
Oh well, into the Patchwork Blanket project bag it goes.
I’ve been going great guns on this shawl since last Saturday.
Clue 5 took a good 2.5 days of fulltime knitting:
It was at this point that I suddenly discovered that I had accidently deleted any and all Clue 6 emails without actually downloading said clue.
My normally rational zen mind shattered.
I flipped out. Full on Kermit flail.
After some rather panicked emails to the designer (Susan, you are a SAINT!) and a very large serving of chocolate pudding, I was back in business.
The last 2 rows of Clue 6 were finished this morning.
Clue 7 is printed off and ready to go. I hope to have it finished by Monday or Tuesday.
Oh, and Susan? I owe you martinis and cabana boys. Seriously.
The first part of the set, the bonnet, is off the needles and awaiting silk ribbon.
I cannot *begin* to tell you how difficult it is to photograph 3-dimensional lace objects in this yarn.
Here is a picture of it before sewing up so you can actually see the pretty:
That line above the leaf motifs? Knitted pin tucks. I am so proud 😀
The rest of the set is going to be altered a wee bit. I’ll be doing the same as many others have done and combining the bodice of the jumpsuit (with shortened sleeves) and the skirt of the overdress. Then work a pair of simple “longies” (pants w/feet) for underneath.
It’s a bit more of a user-friendly option I think.
Crossing my fingers it’ll all be finished before he’s born.
Quick and Dirty (Clean?)
BadgerDan prefers to wash dishes with a plastic scrubbie (*shudder*).
I ethically refuse to buy any more of them from the dollar store.
So I made him a tawashi out of some leftover Red Heart SuperSaver:
He’s happy – I’m happy. Win-win.
The next Windsbraut Shawl KAL will be starting tomorrow (Windsbraut “Bertha”).
My SKA socks for this month will be “D-Man” by Lykkefanten for BadgerDan.
The June Woolly Wormhead KAL Hat is the Tebe Slouch which I quite like.
Yarn options are still pending.
I may or may not get to them next week – we’ll see.
Little Miss Lilith seems to be settling in very nicely and is holding her own with the boys. There’s quite the personality under that shy exterior that is showing itself a bit more each day.
She loves to hide behind curtains and suddenly attack or chase Maverick, Tomi and her toys. Lightning fast and super quiet – we have dubbed her “NinjaCat”.
We think it’s funny as hell – 13 yr old half-Siamese Tomi is not as amused.
Until next week…