I am such a bonehead. I accidently erased ALL of my WWKIP Day photos. You ever have one of those moments? The sudden realization “Oh No!” alarm bells going off in your head a split second after you do something? Yep, that was me yesterday. Bonehead. Sigh.
Oh well, I do have a bunch of other stuff to share and I’ll get back to how WWKIP day went a little bit later.
I’ve worked through and completed a few things during my hiatus:
The Woven Cable Eyelet Socks are done.
I call these “Neptune’s Worksocks”. They belong to BadgerDan and are made out of some Lopi-style self-striping wool that I found on clearance (Sean Sheep Armytage, Blue/Green/Light Blue, 2 balls).
The pattern is a slightly altered version of Nancy Bush’s “Child’s First Sock in Shell Pattern” from Knitting Vintage Socks done on 3.25mm DPNs, adjusted for gauge to 48 sts, cuff from 2×1 to 2×2 rib, with a stockingette foot and standard toe. This was the KVS KAL choice for May/June and I already had made a pair for myself a couple of years ago.
They unfortunately don’t look like the photos anymore as they felted in his workboots after one day. (And he wonders why I don’t knit him socks out of the GOOD yarn.) He still really likes them though.
This brings my current 52 Pair Plunge II tally up to 3 and 16 pairs for 2008. Not bad.
And Simple S’mores Sock #2 is well on its way to bringing the tally up to 4 and 17.
I swatched for the Slow Bee Mystery II Shawl (which started today):
I used 3mm needles, 2-ply Lambswool from a frogged 2nd hand cardigan in heathered olive green and gold-lined brown #8 glass Miyuki beads (same as my Halloween Shawl). Worried about yardage, I went stash diving and found some more of the mushroom Misti Alpaca which will show beads well. Will use that for the shawl on 3.5mm needles.
The Casablanca KAL also begins today and after much deliberation and yarn issues, a final decision was made to use the Aubergine Alpaca that I received from Celtic Memory with teal #8 A/B (aurora borealis for those going “hunh?”) glass Miyuki beads, with additional dangling beads to be added later as trim. I had originally planned to use it for my Mystic Meadow Shawl (completely stalled at the moment at Clue 1), but as you know, I changed my mind.
This is what I’ve been working on instead of the shawls (and completed yesterday):
I knit myself a pretty cotton frock. :1)
It’s the Frock Camisole from the Spring 2008 Interweave Knits by Katie Himmelberg out of one big ball of Georga Cotton (340g) in a colour called “Swizzle”. Yes, it’s dishcloth cotton – but I don’t care! I got a cool tank top knit in 3 days for about $7 with leftover yarn to boot. Just to jazz things up a bit, I added an elongated twist cable up the front instead of the purl column – much nicer.
Gotta love an easy pattern.
Speaking of dishcloths, I whipped off a couple this morning:
Pattern: Lacy Waterfall by Jamie Monaghan
Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton, Key Lime Pie
I shortened the pattern by 12 sts and was thoroughly surprised it came out perfectly square. Used up a leftover half-ball and only had a metre or 2 left after BO. Couldn’t have planned it better. This was the 2008 June Mid-Month KAL of the Monthly Dishcloth KAL and again, no link for the pattern – sorry.
Pattern: Papillon Cloth by SmarieK Knits
Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton, Somerset
Dudes, how pretty is this cloth! I adore it and it was so easy to whip off. Great pattern.
I’m behind on last week’s cloth, but am not too worried about it.
Hmmm. This post is getting a little long. (Haven’t posted in over a week – go figure!) I think I’ll call it a day and update you tomorrow on last week’s WWKIP trip to Toronto along with a whole smackload of yarn pr0n (ahhh – the wallet weeps, but the heart is content).